söndag 27 april 2014

BGP: Week Four

This week had a slow start much because of my absence on Monday but also because of a uncertainty whether we would stick with the theme of the game or if we would be better of starting over. In my opinion I don't think this would do us or the game any good, though I do agree that what we have is broken it is far to late to scrap something this big. A large mistake that have been made in the early development was to after the game itself was designed throw a theme and story on top trying to mold it to fit. This resulted in a badly matched relationship between the aesthetic and mechanics. To start over just to try the same thing again when the method behind it comes with unnecessary risks it is to likely that we will end up with a equally mismatching theme.

After we've decided to stick with what we had I could continue to focus on the illustrations for the cards. We now had a quick sketch for each card and with the risk of any major changes to the cards that we had agreed on being small Jessica and I split the all the cards into two piles. Since we most likely will have a difference in style and I though it would be a good idea if we kept each subgroup within the cards consistent in style which would make it easier to identify each of these groups when playing.

I have so far not finished an illustration fully something I would have preferred to have. It been slow and I am to self critical. I need to loosen up my expectations and start being more realistic. With over ten card illustrations on my plate it is important that they have a consistency in rendering so that one doesn't end up being a sketch while another is a fully rendered piece.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar